Saturday, May 7, 2011

the Puppy Overkill, part 1

In the midst of my ever-growing resentment towards the world, playing with puppies seemed to be the perfect solution to:
  1. cheer me up,
  2. distract from the resentment,
  3. have quality bonding time with the housemates,
  4. do more research on the type of corgi I'd want, and
  5. procrastinate from studying.
I asked the lovely housemates if they were willing to go, and they were! (Thank you :D) It was a complete overload. There were only two corgi puppies available for purchase from the litter of six, each with a completely different temperament. I had no intention of actually buying one, but somehow, I had a hell of a time picking between the two -___-;

I've always imagined my corgi to be the typical red and white kind. I have no preference on the gender, although a female one may have been preferable for Poi Poi. Bf likes the tricolored ones, so I figured that I shouldn't let color be a factor. As long as I can take a bunch of pictures of my puppies, I will be happy :]

Note: I'm just particular about the personality. 
Conner was the quiet and lazy puppy. Potter was very independent and full of energy. We loved both of them. G and I had no preference. C loved the pattern on Potter's forehead. He has a mini lightning bolt shape like Harry :D K wasn't there to help :[ after a lonngggg time, we decided on Potter. He would be a better fit for Poi Poi's personality and I am certainly hoping he won't be like Poi Poi, who was the calm and quiet one in her litter, then developed a bunch of energy x__x

I'm really looking forward to bringing him home. Definitely wish I had more pictures of him. For now, I'll just oogle at my one picture -->

Uncertainty looms on my mind, but the fact that bf supports my spur-of-the-moment deposit on the puppy is very comforting. I hope everything fares well. Excitement is growing. I'm bringing home a corgi soon! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment